It's been nearly 10 months after the previous Tasks release, for which I profusely apologise. I wanted to fix one final bug before releasing, which sadly took five months to get around too... I eventually fixed it last night, so here is Tasks 0.14.
- Magic date parser when adding tasks
- Support libunique in the GTK+ port (Jonny Lamb)
- Support OWL window menus in the GTK+ port
- Save and restore the edit window size
- Add a clickable note icon (#548)
- Ellipsize the undo/redo menu items (#741)
- Make sure the date popup doesn't go off the screen (#752)
The most interesting change in this release is the magic date parser, which first landed back in March. This lets you use Google Calendar style descriptive tasks such as "release tasks today", "do shopping next tuesday" or "pay bills on 2nd". There are many patterns that are matched but I need two things from any users of Tasks.
- Translations. At the moment there are only English and French translations for the strings, which are critical for the parser to work. Translators, please update the translations!
- Feedback. The parser handles all of the natural language expressions that I thought would be useful. There are probably plenty more which are not handled, so if you find one which isn't handled (or is handled incorrectly) then please file a bug.
Oh, and one last thing. The OpenMoko and Maemo ports have likely bitrotted. New functionality has been added to the platform abstraction and I don't think those ports were updated. If someone actively uses Tasks on either Maemo or OpenMoko and is willing to test builds before release, please contact me.