ScummVM 0.5, the excellent SCUMM interpreter (Monkey's Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, etc) has been released. This is good news. Even better news is that the Beneath a Steel Sky developers assisted in this release, and even re-released BASS as freeware!
However, it appears I am out of practise in this form of point-and-click adventure game. After 10 minutes of not being able to do anything in the first room but die, I had to resort to a walk-through. Now I'm stuck again, Joey has the new welder shell but I can't get the key out of the store room. I'm determined not to use the walk-through again! I foolishly had a walk-through when I played Monkey Island for the first time, and instead of giving me weeks of fun I completed the game in a day, as I had a quick look whenever I was slightly stuck. I have learnt my lesson, and never again shall I repeat it.
Things That Annoy Me
Several thing in the world annoy me.
- People who stand at the top of the Moorgate tube station exit, trying to hand "Work from Home!" flyers, whilst standing totally in the way so that everyone coming out and me going in have to squeeze past.
- Overground trains which don't have air conditioning, or even air circulation.
- People which walk down busy pavements/corridors/walkways and just stop and turn around abruptly. Often the same people will wave an arm through the air, saying "Gee Dwayne, will ya look at that!" whilst concussing anyone within arms reach.
- Pink tops which have been washed several times and haven't run in the wash before, but suddenly decide to run after all and dye two of my linen shirts and a top of Vicky's a lovely pale pink colour.
- People who write Things That Annoy Me lists.